Ah, the V day. Some love it, some hate it, and some (like myself) really just want to pig out on chocolate.
If you're into Valentine's Day, chances are you want to look a little extra special and feel your best. Whether you're getting ready to sport some lingerie, take a vacation, or just want to feel extra hot on your date, here are a few tips to get your body ready!
Remember, there is NO quick fix when it comes to toning up/weight loss. The only healthy way to achieve your goals is through diet and exercise...that's it. These tips are little quick fixes to have you less bloated, slightly leaner, and looking your best this weekend:
I'm not much of a lingerie person, but I am a leggings person!
The closest thing I have to red, festive lingrie...an American Apparel leotard.
- Eat breakfast: Make time for breakfast every morning. If you're still the person that says you "don't have time for breakfast", we're all tired of hearing your excuse. Make time for breakfast! Wake up earlier, prepare it the night before, or bring it with you to-go. My favorite is oatmeal - Takes me about 2-3 minutes total to make. You can put this in a plastic container and take it in the car with you...no excuses! Boil eggs the night before so you can grab 1-2 on your way out the door. Eating breakfast will help speed up your metabolism and prevent you from crashing/mindlessly snacking throughout the day.
- Incorporate HIIT and plyos into your workout: Get in 3 days of High Intensity Interval Training before the 14th. Get your heart rate up and down in a short amount of time to really burn fat and calories. Try sprint intervals (sprint for 30 sec, walk for 1 min) and repeat 10x.
- Drink water: Get all the toxins out! Try and drink at least a gallon a day. Keep a water bottle with you this week and really make a point to stay hydrated. This will help you debloat for the upcoming weekend and will improve your skin as well!
- Work on your core: Don't skip abs this week! After your cardio, do a series of ab exercises that challenge and strengthen your core (NOT ab machines). Try leg lifts, medicine ball crunches, Russian twists, and planks. Use your body weight and add these balancing exercises to bring out your inner 6 pack.
- Sweat it out: If you're HIIT-ing, you already have this covered. Really break a sweat this week. Run, walk on an incline, get on the dreaded stair master, or hit the steam room or sauna. Staying hydrated and sweating out extra water are key to looking your best on any day.
If you don't have plans for Valentine's Day, these tips won't hurt you! Do it for yourself, and treat yourself to a chocolate strawberry...or 12.